Senin, 13 Maret 2017

PENGGUNAAN BENTUK KATA KERJA DALAM PEMAPARAN SEBUAH CERITA

PENGGUNAAN BENTUK KATA KERJA DALAM PEMAPARAN SEBUAH CERITA

Laithan di bawah ini berdasarkan karangan peserta didik Non-Native English background.

            Next month, when I ……….(finish) …………(take) my final examination, I …….(finish, also) one of the best experiences I ……….(have, ever) in my lifetime. In the last four months, I ……... (learn) more about foreign cultures than I ………….(anticipate) before …………..(come) to the United States. (Live) ……..in a foreign country and ………(go) to school with people from various parts of the world………(give) me the opportunity……………(encounter) and ………(interact) with people from different cultures. I ………(like) to share some of my experiences and thoughts with you.
            When I first ..….(arrive), I …….(know) no one and I ……(need) all of my fingers …...(communicate) what I was trying to say in English. All of the international students were in the same situation. When we ……..…..(can, find, not) the right word, we ……(use) strange movements and gestures ……..(communicate) our meaning. ………. (Know) some common phrases, such as “How are you?”, “Fine, thank you, and you?” and “What country are you from?”, …….(be) enough in the beginning for us ………(make) friends with each other. The TV room in the dormitory …….(become) our meeting place every evening after dinner. ……..(Hope) ………(improve) our English, many of us tried to watch television and ………(understand) what the people …..(appear) on the screen……..(say), but for the most part their words were just a strange mumble to us. After a while, ……….(bore) and a little sad, we slowly began to disappear to our room. I ……..(think) that all of us …………(experience) some homesickness. However, despite my loneliness, I had a good feeling within myself because I …………(do) what I ………(want) to do for many years: ……..(live) and ………(study) in a foreign country.
            After a few days, classes………(begin) and we ………(have) another meeting place: the classroom. ………(Know, not) quite what ………..(expect) the first day of class, I was a bit nervous, but also ………..(excite). After ………….(find) the right building and the right room, I walked in and …………(choose) an empty seat. I ………. (introduce) myself to the person………(sit) next to me, and we sat ……(talk) for a few minutes. Since we ………….(be) from different countries, we ………(speak) in English. At first, I was afraid that the other student……….(understand, not) what I ………(say) but I ………..(surprise, pleasantly) when she ………….(respond) to my questions easily. Together we ………..(take) the first steps toward…….(build) a friendship.
            As the semester ………..(progress) , I ……(find) out more and more about my fellow students. Students from some countries were reticent and shy in class. They almost never ……….(ask) questions and ………….(speak) vey softly. Others of different nationalities …(be) just  the opposite: They spoke in booming voices and never ……..(hesitate)  ……….(ask) questions-and sometimes they ……………(interrupt, even) the teacher. I ……..(be, never) in a classroom with  such a mixture of culture before. I le4arned …………(surprise, not) by anything my classrooms might say or do.
The time we spent ……….(share) our ideas with each other and …..(learn) about each other’s customs and beliefs…………..(be) valuable and fun. As we progressed in our English, we slowly learned about each other, too.

            Now, several moths after my arrival in the United State, I …………(be) able to understand not only some English but also something about different cultures. If I ……………(come, not) here, I …………..(be, not) able to attain these insights into other cultures. I wish everyone in the world ……….(have) the same experience. Perhaps if all thee people in the world…………(know) more cultures different from their own and ………..(have) the opportunity ……….(make) friends with people from different countries, peace …….(be) secure.

3 komentar: